Are you an experienced operations management professional with a heart for the hurting? Join us as a Senior Operations Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! As Senior Operations Manager in Myanmar, you will assist the Country Director in providing overall management for daily operations in Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Myanmar. Your expertise and efforts will help to show the love of Christ to the people of Myanmar. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Ensure smooth functioning, well-managed operations department to support programmatic activities.
- Act as the main focal point for Information Technology (IT), Procurement, and Logistics.
- Support continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information between field sites and the country office and DCD.
- Develop and implement operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organizations mission such as report management and information flow.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team, and provide support to the Country Office in ensuring information flows, advice and support on operations issues related to operations.
- Develop and oversee national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of program resources.
- Enforce and uphold donor and SP regulations for procurement as well as best practices for operations.
- Enforce SP procedures regarding contracted service. In addition provide frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
- Maintain network and awareness of local and national laws and ensure organizational adherence along with the DCD and CD.
- Establish and maintain a harmonious working environment by introducing capacity building trainings seeking to strengthen & encourage active participation and interaction at all levels to foster staff development and empowerment.
- Network and promote relationships for accessing and sharing knowledge within the region on operations matters.
- With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, donors, and vols.
- Maintain a strong witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the gen public.
- Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Advanced degree or related experience project management, business administration, public administration, logistics, supply chain management, communications or related field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Field experience and knowledge of the Region is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Advanced problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment, but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Apply with LinkedIn
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.