Are you a Mental Health professional with a heart for the hurting? As a USAID Psychosocial Support Coordinator in Iraq, you will provide oversight of the psychosocial and group therapy components of a community-based, multi-sector program. In the aftermath of years of war and tragedy in Iraq, Samaritan’s Purse is seeking the right candidate to facilitate the return of internally displaced persons while building community-level resilience. For an opportunity to serve in a tangible way, put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Responsible for selecting and adapting group therapy curriculum, developing beneficiary selection criteria, and mainstreaming psychosocial support principles across all project components.
- Deeply involved in developing and refining programmatic theory of change as it pertains to psychosocial topics.
- Regularly assess the success of the program based on quantitative and qualitative data, and make recommendations as-needed.
- Ensure compliance with Samaritan’s Purse standards and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain high quality standards across all areas of program implementation, including operational, program, and finance management.
- Manage program budget, timeline, and phasing.
- Provide technical oversight on project implementation.
- Recruit and train staff, supervise project staff, and develop staff work plans.
- Prepare and submit internal and donor reports as needed.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse with partner, non-governmental, and governmental counterparts.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university with a degree in counseling, social work, or similar field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least one year’s experience designing and/or managing a psychosocial program, preferably in a post-conflict environment.
- Minimum one year’s experience complying with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and financial management experience.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Experience working and living overseas (Middle East context preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English required; Arabic language proficiency preferred.
12 month contract with potential for renewal, contingent upon funding.
This position is accompanied, but unable to accommodate children.
This position is contingent upon anticipated funding.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.