World Renew has a full time opening for a Program Associate on the Program Excellence Team in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The person in this position will support the success of World Renew’s Program Excellence Team and other functions by accomplishing the following duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
a. Manage World Renew Management Information System (MIS), currently NewDea
b. Serve as World Renew’s organizational program liaison to the system software designers, currently NewDea
c. Analyze reporting needs and design appropriate mechanisms to maximize the agency’s program data use for home office functions and ministry teams
d. Set up the reporting framework in the MIS, match plans to budgets, and search for missing data. Work with Ministry Team Leaders to ensure that plans and budgets are entered into the MIS on schedule and that reporting is entered in time for organizational reporting
e. Create and run program reports for organizational leadership, members of Program Excellence and CORE teams as needed . Provide data analysis when requested.
f. Train all new staff in the use of World Renew’s MIS and requirements for program design and reporting
g. Update the annual Planning Guide for the community development programs and partners
h. Use and provide analysis of qualitative data using software such as Nvivo.
a. Common Indicators
i. maintain and organize the indicator information in shared folders,
ii. integrate into NewDea and train staff on reporting.
b. Revise organizational tracking metrics in NewDea as requested
a. Enter approved plans such as results, indicators, baselines and targets for grant-funded programs into the management information system
b. Assist the grants staff in preparing reports to grant makers, including sending reminders to field staff, proofread and edit stories and narratives, communicate with field staff to ask about inconsistent data or to better understand information that is unclear, and access program data from the management information system for inclusion in reports
c. Maintain database of pending, ongoing, and closed grants
d. Maintain list of internal grant opportunities
e. Provide support as needed with the Baker Estate Gift.
- Manage team communications and meetings
a. Schedule, coordinate logistics, collect agenda items, take minutes for meetings and webinars, at the direction of the team leader.
b. Organize and manage team documents and records.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Occasionally supervises interns
- Demonstrated ability in working with advanced functions in spreadsheets in programs such as Google Docs, Drive or Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer applications including detailed knowledge of Google products including Calendar, Forms, Google Drive, Hangout and related features
- Demonstrated ability in working with qualitative data analysis software such as Nvivo.
- Exposure to Structured Query Language (SQL) and its manipulation is a definite asset
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work with little supervision
- Attention to detail and creativity along with a demonstrated flexibility in responding to and completing tasks
- Ability to sort through complex information to identify trends and connect data to strategy
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a team environment
- Advanced conference call set-up and computer skills
- Good writing and proofreading skills with thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and general business English skills
- Experience working with results based management, logframes, developing indicators and measurements
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally in written form and/or in-person
- Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity, as well as have respectful relationships with others
- Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to community development is required
- At least two years of work experience working with data and systems is required; in an international development environment is a definite asset
This position will require travel to Canada and within the US, for overnight meetings, as well as some international travel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some functions of this job could change in order to accommodate the growing needs of the agency
To apply for this position, and to read a full description, please visit the member site here.