Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to relieving human suffering. Our U.S. Disaster Relief teams give hope and help when it’s needed most, including food distribution, safe water, medicine and other vital supplies to meet the immediate need of those suffering. Then, to help communities begin the long-term recovery process, teams assist with debris clean-up and repairs, including Extreme Blessing Home Makeover projects.
Our Deployment Coordinators have the opportunity to be the hands and feet, representing Operation Blessing in domestic disaster relief efforts. This role supports our U.S. Disaster Relief team leadership in the field. Primary areas of support include the advance team, convoy, deployment team, production team, as well as serving with special projects and programs. In the field, this job leaders volunteers in both the demolition and building of homes.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Must be a self-starter with ability to effectively perform in a “how can we serve you” environment
- Strong ability to take guidance from leadership and execute plans in a disaster relief zone
- Excellent logistical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to leader a volunteer team, motivate, and keep projects moving
- Must be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- Strong computer skills with a focus in Microsoft Office
- Familiar with industry standard inventory and transportation applications
- Ability to travel, sometimes with 24-hour notice or less, to disaster zones for extended amounts of time
- Ability to make credit card purchases for OBI, as needed
- Ability to stand, walk, bend; excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs or more
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Forklift Certification
- CDL Class A with Air Brake Endorsement (semi-truck restriction is acceptable) preferred or ability to obtain
- ICS 100, 200, 700 & 800
OBI, headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with OBI’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.