World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church is looking for a full-time Financial Program Manager.
This position is responsible for World Renew’s (WR) grant financial management by providing support to the home office Grants Managers and Special Donor Funds (grants only) in financial management. Specifically, ensuring field compliance with grants and providing training when necessary to ensure this, and ensuring World Renew’s overall successful performance in financial management for grants/special funds administered by the Program Excellence Team.
1. Oversight of the financial side of proposals, applications, preparation
a. Perform detailed review and quality control of active proposals, including required budget schedules, proformas, budget spreadsheets, and budget narratives
b. Set and maintain standards, templates, and tools for preparing quality cost proposals as required by donor and documenting and storing required files
c. Assist WR field staff with their work with local partner organizations to develop grant sub-award budgets for inclusion in larger proposals that require detailed sub-award budgets; and provide high quality review and feedback on proposal budgets
2. Financial management of grants
a. Monitor financial details related to grants, including fund transfer dates, transfer amounts, field expenditures and cost share expenditures
b. Ensure that costs directly charged to external grants comply with the grant agreement. Work with finance staff to ensure that these costs are correctly coded in the general ledger, and appropriately reported to the donor
c. Working with appropriate Program Excellence (PE) team staff, coordinate financial reporting to meet external donor requirements on a timely basis
d. Consolidate financial reports from multiple countries/partners (sometimes with multi-currencies) to prepare donor reports
e. Provide financial reports as needed for analysis of spending activity on a grant.
f. Undertake periodic project visits for financial data reviews, financial training, or workshop presentations as part of overall project monitoring as required in donor budget agreement or when deemed critical for successful implementation of the grant
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement
2. Demonstrated competence in effective in-person and written communication
3. Strong interpersonal skills; flexible and adaptable team player
4. Motivated and able to network with a wide variety of stakeholder groups with diverse value systems and cultures
5. Excellent analytical skills
6. Excellent organizational and project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at once
7. Demonstrated competency in various computer applications, fundraising databases, Google products, Microsoft Office (Excel), and familiarity with Grants.gov, Devex, Workspace, cybergrants, and other online grant submission forms and tools
8. Knowledge of federal regulations governing grant/financial management, and audits
9. Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
10. Demonstrated commitment to promote gender equality in all aspects of World Renew’s programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
11. Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, possibly with short notice
12. Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
For the full job description, please visit our website at: https://www.worldrenew.net/careers. Those interested in applying should do so online, on or before August 24, 2018.